Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Improvement

Wooo Hooo I did 2 miles in exactly 25 minutes. (5 minutes warming up walking included in that 25 minutes). I think my foot is holding up! I then did another mile of sprint walk so I would not stress my foot. My goal tomorrow 3 miles in 36 minutes. If I don't make it that's okay but I am going to try really hard! I will at least go for the three miles even if I go over time. Goal for Saturday morning 4 miles...no time stress...just 4 miles. Next week will up the Tuesday run to 2.5 miles, do 3 on Thursday, then just do 4 again on Saturday. The following week I will increase the Saturday to 4 1/2. I really want to do the 10k this October with an ulitimate goal of the Mini next May. Which means I really need to work because I was not born to be an "Athlete". I was born to be a sitter and reader.
Some considerations : I need to make sure I do not over stress my foot will trying to train and I really really really need to take off at least 15 pounds...20 would be great! I am not worried about "looking fat" I am worried about this extra weight putting a strain on my foot.
Oh my goodness I do rattle on about my foot...but this whole foot injury has just consumed me. I guess my family is right...I am obsessive. (Shrug) I guess better to be obsessive about working out then Taco Bell! Well better get to bed if I want to get up ready to run! Got my shoes, my clothes and music ready to go! To paraphrase Earl (off the show my name is Earl) 4:30 am comes early for a girl like me. Good night all...hoped you enjoyed my pictures and were able to stay awake while reading my incredible boring talk about running (or rather my version of running).

No comments: