Friday, April 07, 2006

Random Contemplations from the Mind of Kim

Spending the evening with my grandchildren has gotten my mind a rolling. I have to say I truly love children. Why? Because they have an unbridled enthusiasm for life..simple things are fun. Children notice things that as adults we pass right by. The get excited about things. As adults we lose the ability to have let loose and have fun. We become jaded. I think adults should stop and remember what is was like to "play". We need to "See" things. These are things I have enjoyed doing and seeing with my grandson and nieces:
1)Playing a mean game of slap jack and war (or as Tyson called it when he was little...the army game with cards)
2)Looking at Roly Poly Bugs
3)Popping caps with a rock
4)Checking out the dead bird on the street (with Amber when she was younger..this was not the fun thing it was the "seeing" thing,,,I might add I saw and was disgusted but she thought it was cool) Really any dead animal probably would have sufficed we just happened across a bird.
5)Playing with play doh (grandson/nieces are a great cover for me enjoying this because a 43 year old woman playing with play doh looks odd but if you have a child around it appears to be perfectly normal)(I like play doh!)
6)Going down the curly slide at the park
7) Going on the Tilt A Whirl and making it go so fast that you can not stop laughing.
8)Catching lightening bugs
9)Taking a walk after dusk with our flashlights
10)Making a leaf fort
11)Swinging at the park, getting the swing going really high and then lean backwards (though I am enjoying THAT less as I get older)
12) Staying outside till it is WAY dark! Usually playing basketball on our court! (We have flood lights)
13)Spotting a toad and chasing it down to catch it (This gets harder as you get older!)

Children have fun! I think adults should try to have more fun! I always try to let my inner child out once in awhile and darn what society thinks. My inner child this week wants to color easter eggs and she's gonna!

Phrase of the Day: "You better let me go thru the door first because I don't think there is room for me and your head" Spoken by Melissa and referring to my over inflated ego.

1 comment:

The Flamingo said...

Haha, I found the list quite interesting. We sometimes forget all the things we used to do. I was never too good at catching those lightning bugs though...they are pretty sly. Or perhaps I just had slower than average reflexes. Love the blog!
Check Out My Blog