Sunday, June 11, 2006

Come See the Ducks in the Closet

On Friday husband and I went to our daughter's house to see Baby Flickard's new room. It looks really cute. Aunt Denise was there also with Amber and Abby. Abby(who is 3) was all excited about the new house and anxious to show me around (as she had just had the full tour prior to me getting there). Exicitedly she took me by the hand and said she was going to show me the Dungeon. We clattered down the steps in excitement, Abby was practically pulling me down in her haste to show me the dungeon. The dungeon was the furnance room. I went back upstairs, because I was not nearly impressed with the dungeon as she was. She then starts bouncing up and down and grabs my hand and says "Come see the Ducks in the Closet" So off Abby and I go hand in hand to the closet door. I open the closet door and there are DUCTS in the closet. Poor Abby must have been mightly dissappointed when she first got a look at the closet thinking she was going to see ducklings and all she got to see was Duct work.

Medical: Got my stitches and packing out. Ouch Ouch to the stitching removal and what a relief to have all that packing gone. My teeth are very sensative to the cold and are expected to be that way for a week or so. I took a bite of ice cream and almost jumped out of my seat. I go back in two more weeks for the Doctor to check the healing process. But so far it seems to be good.

I actually did something. Friday I ripped the baseboards out of the closet and took up the old tiles in preparation of the remodeling. Saturday was a rainy rainy day but surprisingly enough instead of laying around I actually got something accomplished. I cleaned and organized my computer room. I got all my filing done and cleaned out my closet. Which I might add was a disgusting jumble of shoes and other items. My closet is lovely now. My running shoes are all lined up like little soldiers on the shoe rack. What kind of woman am I? I have one pair of black dress shoes for work, one pair of black boots, 2 pair of casual jean shoes (black and brown) and I had 9 pair of running shoes and one pair of cross trainers. Oh I do have 2 pair of heeled sandals. After I organized my computer room and closet,I topped it off by cleaning out my junk drawer. My husband decided that I needed a sewing box after seeing the over 100 buttons I had in a tray. So he brings to me a little box for sewing items. He must think I sew because when he saw what I was going to put in the box he looked incredulous. "Is that ALL you have to put in your sewing box" "Yep that's it." He shakes his head and sighs as he puts my 100 buttons, 4 spools of thread, one package of sewing needles, one measuring tape (never used) and one thimble (also never used into my sewing box). Okay after the little organization adventure we went off to Menards to pick out tile and countertop. We had no difficulities. We agreed without argument on tile and countertop. Though he did say, "You have no idea what you like". I replied, "That's true but Iknow what I don't like" After our trip to Menards we went out to lunch. I have drawn my husband to the dark side...he went to a buffet. My husband does not particulary like to go out eat and to actually get him to a buffet...well that was amazing. I actually felt bad like I was leading him into the world of depravity and gluttony. So back home and it was not jiggity jig..it was more like "Oh don't turn the corner so fast all the food in my belly is sloshing to one side" "Ahhhh help me out of the truck I can't move" He went straight up to bed to take nap and I layed on the couch like a beached whale watching the "Corpse Bride", which was quite good I might add. Tim Burton has a very demented mind. He also did "The Nightmare Before Christmas" another excellent movie. Okay end of that day. All in all a very relaxing nice Saturday.
I now need to go for my run. My body is rebelling at the thought of running but I must as the Hog Jog is next Saturday and I am not ready. But as someone at the Y told me you can't think like that you have to think "No one is ever ready you just gotta do it". Good Motto to go by.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

All the cute things kids say, live on and on...at every family gathering, weddings, funerals..good for Memory Banks!!! As far as Pain and suffering ..they say it is good for you..it DOES make you PRAY!!