Saturday, June 24, 2006

OMRIS

OMRIS=OH MY REAR IS SORE

The plan was to get up this morning and run 4-5 miles then swim. The plan has changed because OMRIS along with other pained assorted body parts which I am going to bore you to death by telling you every and every ache I have and why I think I have it:

Rear: From the gazillion lunges she had us to do around the 1/4 mile track. We would lunge then jog, lunge , jog. 1/4 miles does not sound long but just try to do lunges around it and you will see! My GLUTES are on fire and I could barely make it down the steps this morning.

Quads/hamstrings: From the little over 1/2 mile warm up jog to the horrendous sprints she made us do...while yelling "GO GO GO"

Foot: See above note on quads

Triceps/Biceps: From the inch worm she made us do around the ENTIRE track. In case you don't know what an inch worm is it is a nasty little drill that involves going down and doing three pushups and then walking your feet foward to meet your hands then doing three more pushups. We would do those for a portion of the track then jog forward then inch worm again...etc....

Palm of the Hand: Okay this doesn't hurt but Ihad to tell you about it just because I am so proud. My hands are brusied from doing pushups on hard/rough textured track. Not bruised bad just slightly on the heel of each hand. I love a class that tears you up a little bit. I was so proud of my mat burns that I got one time from the Army Crawl that I showed everyone at the Y.

So no running or swimming for Kim today because I am sore. The only exercise I am going for today is one where I carry a shopping bag on my arm. The run will be scheduled for tomorrow and the swim...oh well that is going to get skipped.

Updates:
Swim Suit: Tried it on. Jessica Simpson DID NOT appear but a tolerable Kim stood in her place. I think I can live with this swimsuit. I don't look good but I don't like too horrible.

Foods: Had my Mom over for dinner. We had a yummy yummy dinner. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, greenbeans, peas, biscuits, watermelon, sugarfree pudding for dessert. My husband looks at the mashed potatos he says, "Why are they so white" I respond "Because they are not yellow from a stick of butter. These are made with no butter and skim milk." He did not say anything. He just looked kinda of resigned and sad. He ate his potatos. He did not eat the pudding. Mom and I cleaned our plates! What a surprise! Pretzel update: Pretzel free all week!

Grandchildren : Cupcake and Parents of cupcake stopped by. I love that baby. Click Click Click went my camera...toys came out...baby talk abounded. Grandpa loves his little girl. She can roll over now and sit up more or less. She loves the remote control and the keyboard. She also loves her big brother and he can make her laugh like crazy. Tyson was at his other grandparents so did not get to see him...told his mother to let him know we would try to go see Xmen on Sunday afternoon. Tyson is now done with baseball...I think soccer is next???

Well better start cleaning the house so I can come home to a clean house. We are going to Indy today to pick up "The Dress". Yeah! She is going to be a beautful bride and I am so grateful that my sister is going to drive me to Florida so I see them get married. Have a great day!

PHRASE OF THE DAY: "Come on Kim, Get Going" spoken by Jeff at the Y who thought I should not be walking over to the track for our workout but should be running over there.

2 comments:

SRR said...

Well my dear, atkins says you can have the butter, just not the damn potato! Alas...What to do???

Shopping counts as weight lifting, did you know that?

Unknown said...

Ymmmm I love starches!