Thursday, June 01, 2006

Screwed up the courage and guess what?

I finally got the courage to sign up for the Mini. Thanks to Runner Susan's encouragement.! I got to the page where it said pick your estimated time of completion. Did not know what to pick...should I just go with the 4 hours or go with like 3.25??? They did not have a "Please God Let Me Finish" time. ACK I did not know what to do so exited out and put in a phone call to someone that has ran the Mini. Hopefully I will get my consulation phone call returned and I can sign up before the day is over! I am already nervous and antsy about the 10k and I know I will be the last one in. But I guess that is okay because someone has to be last...it might as well be me. I ordered my military cadance tapes and they should be here before then! Yeah I hope they work miracles.
Music: I have rediscovered the joys of Michael Jackson, Van Morrison, Bad Company and Exile this morning! I tucked away my top 10 play list to go back in time. I had to have a little fun and listen to Hot Chocolate's "You Sexy Thing". I tell you Michael Jackson will make your feet move! I was practically going over the top of my treadmill and had to increase the speed to 5.6, 5.8 and 5.9 for the last mile! Go Kim Go! I aim to be a 11 minute mile girl by the end of the year. At least that is to do a 5k holding a consistent 11. Oops back to work....

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Go for it Kim...but I would rather run to "I went to the enemy's camp" or a Church Alive upbeat!! "Amazing Grace" would slow you down, a great song, but more for meditation. You might hum that one after the race!!