Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dead Lift

No I have not killed anyone and had to lift their body...but I did add the Dead Lift to my weightlifting program. Fun fun...but an easy lift to do incorrectly and hurt yourself. Not a lift for beginners! I did not hurt myself doing the lift but I did almost fall off the box I had to stand on to do the lift. I am truly the most ungraceful woman in the world. You should see me get off the incline bench. Another lady at the Y told me you dismount it like you would slide off a bar stool. Being as I don't go to bars that illustration did nothing to help me and so I continue with my most ungraceful dismount. Generally if an exercise takes some type of finesse I don't do it well so Line Dancing, Aroebics, Body Shop...etc are activites I am a less inclined to participate in. I had one instructor tell me I had "Poor Body Alignment". That means I am a Klutz!
AMBER: Went to my neice's birthday party last Sunday. It is hard to believe that she is 14 years old! I took care of her from the time she was born to about 1st grade. My sister worked and I took care of Amber. She was such a good kid....and still is....despite being a "little" naughty now and then. Baby Carissa came to the party and loved the saucer and the outdoor baby swing. She is just a little heart stealer. She was a swimsuit model for the day as Aunt Denise had bought her a new swimsuit with the cutest little butt ruffle on it. She paired it with a little hat and Carissa was "Styling" big time. Tyson and Abby swam and jumped on the trampoline. I got on the trampoline with them and that was just exhausting. Those little monsters also stole the socks right off my feet while I was on the trampoline. Somehow I ended up belly down on the trampoline with a 3 1/2 and a 8 year old on my back and then the next thing you know my socks are being waved around in the air. They were just laughing up a storm...end result...one tired Grandma/Aunt Kim, One slightly bruised eye for Abby (a elbow got her in the eye). And as usually when it was time for me to get off the trampoline my dismount left much to be desired. I practically fell off the trampoline and I heard at least one one giggle in the background. I hope NO ONE got pictures of any of that!

Baby Shower: Kendra's baby shower is tentatively set for Saturday July 1, I am thinking about 2:00 but need to confirm with all before I set that time. We will be having it at Kendra's new house. Baby Flickard's room is painted now and ready to be decorated.

July 4, 2006. Will be having a cookout. Time to be announced at a later time. It will be a carry in.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Poor Body Alignment is a family trait!!!It has been in our genes for generations!!!

The Slug said...

OK I'm ready for a NEW POST!!!!!!
I know you're not out running, it's raining !!!!