Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Second, Third, Fourth Thoughts

I am in a panic! The 10k is this Saturday and I am NOT ready. It is going to be hot hot hot. I don't run later in the morning...I don't run in the heat...I am going to be LAST. I called my sona asked "Should I cancel?" Son says "NO NO NO I will drag you up if necessary" My son a/k/a Big Daddy has given me a shot of courage...so what if I have to walk so what if I am dead last...ack...I do not do well under pressure. Oh my gosh the things I sign up to do when I am tantalized with a free tee shirt and a free pork burger. I HATE being LAST! but I guess someone has to be last and I am sure it that being last will build character. I have a full MP3 player of cadence...I have a tank top (willing to withstand public humilation in the pursuit of staying semi cool)...I have new shoes that have been broken in...I have everything BUT endurance. My legs will hold it is my breath...Ack I am feeling the panic rise up in my chest as I write this...so I am going to suck it up and do it. Please chant "COLD FRONT COLD FRONT COLD FRONT" At least in the winter runs I have the edge of cold tolerence. I can run in below 0 weather..because I am a sturdy woman! The itty bitty woman get frozen to the bone quick! Do I sound freaked??? I should. Because I AM! Okay calming deep breath...allowing the panic to dissapate....If I am freaking this bad over a 10k I will probably have a nervous breakdown when it gets close to the Mini. New training plan...yes another one.... Long slow runs on the weekend to build endurance....will not worry about speed...worry about running for one hour and increasing time each weekend. Okay I am going to bed....the panic is staring to rise again and I need to get lots of good sleep....REMEMBER "COLD FRONT". ACK!!!!!

1 comment:

The Slug said...

You will do/be FINE !!!!Your body will kick IN and over ride the negative brain vibes !!!!
GO GET EM WONDER WOMAN !!!
YOU are WOMAN YOU will PREVALE !!!
Let the fleet footed GAZALLE RULE OVER THE hogs!!!!!
DON'T FORGET BIG DADDY HAS YOUR BACK ..
COLD FRONT.. COLD FRONT..COLD FRONT !!!!!