Sunday, June 04, 2006

Reducing Spinnation

I had to run 5 miles and I couldn't. I had to walk run walk run etc. I don't know why but my weekend runs have been unsuccessful. I think it might be my Friday workouts. On Friday I do both spinning and power hour. So that is about 2 hours of pretty intense workout. So for the next two fridays I am not going to spin. Hopefully that will allow me to get my 5.5 miles in next weekend and then next the following Saturday is the Hog Jog. I am hoping that will make a difference. I think when I start training for the Mini I probably should not spin at all but just focus on running.
TRI: I worked the Triathalon yesterday and it was awesome! My friend Barb, who goes to the Y, had a daughter in the swimming portion of the Tri. She is only 13/14 years old and she was 13th out of the water...out of at least 89 people. GO GIRL! I am so proud of her!!! She swam for a lady(Tina) who did the bike/run portion. I was so jealous...I wish I could do a tri but seeing as I can't swim, bike like crap and run a little better then I bike that I probably should put that on the shelf.
Strawberry Festival: After the triatholon I went to the Strawberry Festival with my daughter and my grandson Tyson. My daughter's friend was dancing there. It was amazing! The woman is 5 months pregnant and did the SPLITS! She also has a 3 year old daughter who came out at the end and did a little bit of dancing. They looked so cute together. When you watch Jenny dance you could just tell she "FEELS" the music. She is very talented and if she dances that well when she is pregnant she must be amazing when she is not! Ended my day of triatholon fun, strawberry festival fun, a trip to Dick's Sporting Goods (to buy yet another pair of running shoes)and a good lunch with a trip to the grocery store. Blah grocery shopping...but I was out of apples and fresh vegtables which are a primary part of my food program...so had to go.

Sunday Morning Fun: Aside from my unsuccessful run, I have cleaned my bathroom. I have the grossest bathroom in town and need House Makeover 911 to come and remodel my bathroom. I have straightened up the living room, did a couple loads of laundry and now must get ready to go to church and I would bet my paycheck that I am going to ZZZZZZZZ during church. I try not to. I drink coffee, I drink water, I tap my foot, I pinch myself but the next thing I know I go into a staring trance and the next thing I know I am feeling my husband's elbow in my rib and get a well deserved glare of disapproval. Bad Kim! I am going to my neices birthday party this afternoon and hopefully will get the closet cleaned out so my husband can put some additional shelving in our utility closest. He wants to rip out my closet but then where will I stash all my treasures? So I finally convinced him the closet should remain but we should just add some more shelving.

Kendra and Lucas: Will be getting the keys to their new house on Monday! Yeah for Kendra and Lucas! And yeah that Baby Flickard's crib, changing table and dresser will be out of my computer room and I will be able to get to my filing cabinit. Not that I really mind but my body is rebelling at the climbing and twisting it takes to get my filing done.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Good for K and L and their new house!!!Good for Kim doing runs when I am slowed down to a SLOW shuffle!! I will do better on golden streets with golden slippers on my feet!!