Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pushing thru the Pain

I did my 5.2 miles had to walk like twice (probably less then .25 mile total walk time), so given how much pain I was in I consider that successful. I finished up with another 1 1/2-2 miles of some light sprints and some walking. I am still sore but not as bad as yesterday. But when I was running I could feel all my lower joints saying (rather forcibly), "Hey Kimmie give us a break" I pushed thru the pain and finished. Thought I was going to throw up but I did it! Came home ate a HUGE breakfast which gave me a bad bad stomach ache. Laid on the couch, finally remembered I promised my grandson I would take him to see XMen 3, so I got myself up and took him to the movie. Moving around made me feel MUCH better. The movie AWESOME! Ate a ton of popcorn which I justified by telling myself I needed Carb replenishment from my active week. Boy my mind is powerful I can talk myself into just about anything...sometimes that is good, sometimes, as in the Carb Replacement theory, not so good. Tyson is amazed my ability to eat tubs of popcorn. He told his little friend (who went with us), that his Grandma can eat a whole tub of popcorn BEFORE the movie even starts. He made sure to stress the word "BEFORE". He always keeps his box of popcorn far away from me because he knows when I finish mine I start eyeballing his. FYI young boys are impressed with vomit. He had to tell me in great detail about the end of season baseball party which involved one of the boys vomiting everywhere. Ty says "And he puked in the pool and by the swing set and he just kept puking everywhere" I guess that is why he keeps trying to talk me into doing things after I eat...he IS hoping I will puke. I can just hear him, "My grandma jumped on the trampoline and she puked on the trampoline and she puked by the swingset and she just kept puking everywhere". So Tyson, NO I WILL NOT JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE AFTER A FAMILY COOKOUT!

My dog Lizzie is freaking out from the neighbor kids blowing off fire works. She chewed up my window blind and when my hubby comes home he is going to be most unhappy as this is the 3rd blind she has destroyed. She is going to end up in doggie prison while we are gone ( a big cage). Last time she actually MOVED our dryer into the middle of the laundry room and shredded the vent stuff and destroyed a window blind. She has chewed up three doors and parts of our carpet to our bedroom. A couple of nights ago, because of the storm, she opended up the cabinit with the canned goods and pulled out a bunch of canned goods and they were all over the kitchen. She also destroyed our hallway by pulling all the gun cases out from beside the gun safe, shredded a box of gun accessories and chewed up a couple of gift bags. Keep in mind this is a small dog that might weigh in at 35 pounds. All this damage because she freaks out during storms and fireworks. Right now she is hanging out under my feet and shivering and breathing hard. Can't keep her tranquilized all the time so she is just gonna have to tough it out. I hate it when I try to sleep because she jumps on our bed and keeps walking on me and then she snuffles at my head and she shivers and sheds and dog hair gets all over me.
I will post some pictures of the current Lizzie damage as well as a picture of the little weapon of mass destruction.

No comments: