Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Pregnant, The Crippled and The Engaged

We got the dress! Oh my she looks beautiful! I would post a picture but the groom reads my blog! I so badly to describe it to you...but then again... the groom reads my blog. She will be shopping for her shoes and a tiara and then she will be good to go. The groom needs to get on the stick and figure out what he is going to wear. We had fun time and laughed alot. We found an excellent restaraunt called the Castleton Grill. Cheap, generous and GOOD! We will definitely go back there again! Poor Tasha had to watch me and Kendra grunt and grimace as we tried to get out of her car. Kendra because her body is so very pregnant and me because I AM UNBELIEVABLE sore. I have not been this sore since I started excising. The combination of spinning and power hour class beat me up bad. It feels like I have been beat with a baseball bat. That has not happened in quite awhile. So back to our day, we picked up the dress and we were getting ready to leave the parking lot when I saw a Shoe Carnival. I said "Hey I wonder if they would have shoes there" That set my co shoppers into fits of laughter. They KNEW I meant shoes for a wedding dress! So we went to Shoe Carnival and the pregant one walks in and and says, "Wow, they have SHOES here" Kendra says I get the stupid remark of the year award. My very kind daughter in law also took me to the running company so I could get 2 new pair of orthodics . She has determined that I am the worst navigator ever and I don't think she is going to let me sit in the front seat again. Just because I let her drive a couple of miles past her bridal shop. I saw it, thought she knew where she was going, thought maybe there was another one down the road, stayed silent till we ran out of stores and then I say, "Well I saw one a couple miles back." Oh and I guess I forgot to read the directions completely to her when trying to get to the running company. I let her turn left when the directions clearly said turn right. After we drove again for several miles out of the way, we turn around and I pull out the directions and say, "Oh my...we were suppose to turn RIGHT on 62nd Street." I did however, makeup for it when we were leaving the running company and we started going the wroing direction. I said, "Hey we never passed these restaraunts before." She says no we didn't and turns around and then we were heading in the right direction... I am very good at noticing food establishments and could usually remember places by what kind of restaraunts our nearby. I told Tasha The Running Company was by a Danotos and it was! Now off we go to our next stop of LS Ayres/Mall. The mall was nice but it was kinda of sad because it was a dying mall. Dying Malls makes this woman very sad. We went into a Payless Shoe Store and brought Kendra slip on shoes as it makes her tired and hot to bend over and tie her own shoes. She has quite and elaborate ritual for putting on shoes. By the time she is done she is too tired to go to the place she was putting her shoes on for. While in the Mall we found that they had a PUBLIC LIBRARY in the MALL. That amazed the crap out of me! How Awesome...Library, Stores....it is my two favorite things wrapped up into one! On the way home we stopped at Donaldson's Chocolates and got some of the best chocolate ever made. It is perfectly creamy and smooth...ymm. I was a good girl and only had 4 raisens and 2 orange peels. I bought my husband and 1/2 pound box and have been staring and drooling at it. But must not take because it is a gift..that would be wrong...wouldn't it? Okay off to attempt my run. I don't know how well this is going to go since I am still incredibly sore but we gonna try. I don't even one to get up out of my chair let alone run my self around town!

2 comments:

SRR said...

My, my, my...you were good. You deserve a piece of heaven from that box you bought for your hubby! I'm sure he won't mind!

Unknown said...

I am lucky if I can navigate myself around Walmart!