Friday, June 30, 2006

My Heart Quivers with Fear

Its FRIDAY! That means spinning and power hour. Last Friday's power hour class was intense and my heart is quivering in fear and what may lay in store for us this morning. When I told her how hard and intense the class and how I got bruised hands and how I could not move for 2 days, GI Julie smiled and said "That's Great". So will she lift the bar? Will she give us a reprieve? Who knows but from the look of that smile and the gleam in her eye I think GI Jane will "Give us our Money's Worth" I have told her several times rip me off I don't care I am just tired but she is very determined that we get our money's worth of pain and agony.
Yesterday's run was hard...I think it was harder then Tuesday's sprintsbut I made it thru the 5k route at 12.00 minutes per mile. My usual standard for running is to run slooooooow then speed up and then have to kill myself to make up my time/miles to keep it at 12 average for the route. This time started at 12 and then kept it there the whole time. Hard hard hard but I think necessary. I am aiming for 11 minute mile consistently and that is gonna take a whole lot of hard work. Last night my husband went camping and while I missed him I did so enjoy getting to watch episode after episode of Law and Order. Though sleeping alone was no picnic. I got freaked out and had to sleep downstairs because I kept hearing noises. So finally I came downstairs because I thought if a maniac was to come in I did not want him to sneak upstairs and catch me unaware. I wanted to be downstairs and meet the maniac head on and be able to kick some maniac butt. I don't know why I was scared it was not like Zedo my evil dog would let anyone in the door...he does not let ANYONE in and if a stranger got in he would be shredded stranger by the time Z was done with him. Well better get to spinning and power hour? My thighs, my hips, my flabby abs say yes yes yes, my mind says no no no I want coffee, I want the newspaper. The body wins!

2 comments:

SRR said...

Put your mind to it, and you will achie
ve those 11 minute miles!! You're doing great!

Virginia said...

You are like your grandma. When I lived on Elmwood and the burgler alarm went off because a truck rumbled by..I ran downstairs to shut the alarm off and greet the 'burgler'...I decided.to forget that alarm and just pray for angels to surround the house!!!